Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Kotor, Montenegro

After a refreshing day at sea yesterday, our day began in usual fashion with breakfast delivered to our room. We tried taking the whole family to the buffet the first morning...No high chair, spilled drinks, silverware hitting the floor, and "I have to go potty" multiple times... yes, our room is much easier. :)
The best part of the morning was that we awoke to breathtaking views of Montenegro... steep cliffs dotted with homes, calm pristine seas, sailboats, and sunshine. I am amazed and quieted by the beauty, and I feel honored and blessed to enjoy it. We tendered into Kotor and explored the over 2000 year old town. It was so neat that you almost felt like it was not real. Stone walls and alleys lined the streets, archways and narrow passages, and most windows were donned with green shutters. The stream running through town looked cleaner than the pool on the ship. We ate lunch at a quaint little place and then strolled through an outdoor market full of fresh fruits and veggies. It all looked so good!
To combat the heat, the boys enjoyed playing games with Bop that centered on the idea of a bird pooping on their head. Every time one of them would lean over Bop would pour a drop of water on their head. Aidan would just walk up, bend over and stare at the ground and wait. It was too funny to watch them all giggle with delight when they felt the cold water on their heads.
Back on the ship in the afternoon, Jack and I went on an ice cream date while the little ones napped. Afterwards, we sat out on the balcony together and enjoyed the scenery and talked. He is such a sweetheart :) and a great date!

Kotor, Montenegro


Out of a fairy tale, right?

This is where the infamous "bird pooping" game began.

Post pooping shot

I think she's a Bop's girl. How sweet is this??

Scott wanted to go in, but I think they were closed.
Calvin and his godfather, Uncle Michael


I am holding onto to him tightly on the other side.
D Men
So glad to have them on the trip with us!


More bird poop?
Olives! Notice Jack got a free sample. Yum!

On to Venice tomorrow, but that is after my morning massage. This whole trip is unreal! 

-Mommy/Amy

No comments: