Today we docked in Naples. The heat is record high and with the little ones it is hard to tolerate being outside for more that an hour or two at a time, especially in the sun. We took taxis to Pompeii and explored the ruins (in the scorching heat, with strollers - which by the way I don't recommend! Large uneven stone walkways and lots of stairs do not equal stroller friendly times). The children were a little young to appreciate it. Aidan walked among the ruins declaring each room a different family member's home. Several of us had multiple residences within the ruins. Jack had his camera out most of the time snapping photos... He is just like his Daddy! Overall it was neat to see and someday would be more fun to do again when the kids are older and the weather a bit cooler.
 |
| Calvin has the best ride of all! |
 |
| Stroller Un-Friendly (we only had 3 strollers with us today) |
 |
| Our troop of 13 |
 |
| It's so hot! |
 |
| Doing a self protrait |
 |
| Now one for Daddy's camera |
From Pompeii we drove to Sorrento for lunch. I definitely think this
area of Italy is the most beautiful place I've ever seen. We drove this
route last time we docked in Naples and I still have those images etched
in my memory. The breathtaking views are unreal, and someday I'd like
to spend more time here. As we walked a little around the heart of
Sorrento I spotted a place 5 years earlier where we stopped to allow me
to nurse Jack. Funny the things you remember :). After a tasty lunch of
pizza and pasta we headed back to the ship. The kids did super and both
Calvin and Mary Lee slept the hour ride back to the ship. We dined this
evening in our usual fashion in the dining room. This experience
consists of 13 people squeezed around a table much too small eating as
quickly as possible a 4 course meal before the children become
deliriously wild in their tiredness. I'm sure we are quite the scene :)
but it sure is fun!
 |
| Daddy's girl |
-Mommy/Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment