Monday, January 28, 2013

Little Miss 17 months

This photo pretty much sums up my emotions with Mary Lee at 17 months: excited, amazed, worried, happy, full of love, and hilariously funny! And for the record no big brother attempted this first, it was a Mary Lee original.

Some other Mary Lee originals include stroller rides for superhero figures (Batman and Robin went for a spin this morning)...she knows all her superheroes by name; and "blankie love." This is a ritual where by Mary Lee smothers your face with her beloved pink blanket and then "kisses" you with the blanket serving as a protective barrier. If she has bestowed blankie love upon you then she undoubtedly loves you, as blankie love is reserved for only her closest peeps.

I consider myself a fairly active person with a high level of energy for most tasks in my day, but honestly I think I've met my match with our three children, and Mary Lee is the factor that tipped the scale out of my favor! She is likely to rival Jack as she gets bigger.  I am truly exhausted most evenings and I am honestly a little relieved every night when all three are tucked in bed. Whew! I know I am not the only mother that feels this way but I do have a tiny bit of guilt about it some evenings when I think, "Boy am I glad they are all in bed!" Nothing a glass of wine doesn't take care of though!

Her smile is infectious. Her crazy wild hair challenges my skills daily. Her language blows us away... being Santa, "Ho, ho, ho, Merry Christmas," and she even calls to the boys, "Dinner ready" when she knows it is time to eat. She has a healthy sense of humor and she is always trying to keep up with her big brothers. Today I caught her doing squats on the trampoline trying to imitate them jumping. Mary Lee definitely adores the guys in her life... but most of all her Daddy. She will call upstairs when he is at work just to double check that he really isn't home.

Oh the things she learns from Daddy...

Just sitting in the fridge...

-Mommy/Amy




No comments: