Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Tricks I Can Do

So last week Mommy had lots to do to prepare for a large family gathering to celebrate Calvin's Baptism... Jack, being his usual busy self, "cleaned" out the bathroom closet and found the strap for his guitar. My trouble with keeping a 3 year old occupied while I cooked and cleaned was solved!!

Jack serenading Mommy with his guitar (all day long!). I love this more than I can express. He sang me just about every song he knows, and he tried desperately to play along in tune with the guitar. I showed him how to hold the guitar. That is about all I know... we will have to enlist Grandpa's help for more instructions. Jack could tell his guitar tune was off (obviously!) but he persisted none the less. When can you sign a child up for lessons? He is ready!

Calvin looks guilty in this picture.... yes I caught you little guy...

sitting tall. Calvin started this new trick a few weeks ago and he just gets better and better at it. Once I sit him up, he can sit for almost a minute at a time before wearing out and crashing to the floor. He is quite the rolly polly man though these days - even Jack was surprised one day when Calvin moved from the playroom to the front room and neither one of us knew how he did it!!
Watch out everyone... Calvin is on the move!!

-Mommy/Amy

No comments: