Sunday, January 4, 2015

Jack's First Reconciliation

Our big kid is growing up. He made is First Reconciliation on Dec. 4, 2014. As we sat in the pew before it started I asked Jack if he knew what he wanted to discuss with Father. He said "no," so I encouraged him to think of one thing he did not make the best choice about in the last few weeks. A few seconds later he said, "Can I tell him 10 things?" That's our Jack!
Jack insisted on confessing his sins to our parish priest, whom he is familiar with, even though there were several "guest" priests in church that evening from which the children could choose. Scott leans over to me once Jack has left the pew and says, "when is he going to figure out that you don't want to tell your sins to someone you have to see the next day?" After Jack returned to us I asked him if he was ready to leave, and he said, "No, I have to say an Our Father." With that he closed his eyes and prayed. Tears filled my eyes. We couldn't be prouder of you, Jack. Guess he didn't tell him all 10 things since he got off pretty easy with one Our Father :)


Sin free (for at least the next 5 minutes...)
-Mommy/Amy


No comments: