Friday, March 15, 2013

Saturday Dates!

Last weekend was full of fun dates! Scott and Jack spent a few hours at the park together...digging in the dirt (searching for buried treasure), playing on the playground, walking, and climbing the trees.  Jack actually did find two coins buried in the ground!


Then later in the afternoon, Calvin got to go to the basketball game with Daddy. No doubt they had special treats and cheered on the Cards!


The day concluded with a Mommy and Jack date to a fundraiser for my work. It was called Capes and Crowns, a kid friendly gala, where kids can dress up like superheros or princesses, and basically have a blast! We got all dressed up in our Sunday "best" and headed downtown :) The food was a kid friendly spread of chicken fingers, macaroni and cheese, french fries, fresh fruit and veggies, and chips and dip. They had a full candy bar open all night (we visited it several times), a balloon artist, a funny photo booth, a hair/makeup station for the girls, and an awesome kid friendly DJ that got the crowd involved in games, contests, and dances. Jack won second place in the pass the hula hoop contest, and he was photographed by two different local papers. The journalists took his picture and wrote down his name. He was so pleased with himself. I think he thought he was famous! Jack was a little hesitant to participate at first, but by the end of the night I had to tear him off the dance floor! At one point the DJ called all the mothers and sons out to the dance floor. Before I knew it, Jack was pulling me out there to dance. I showed him the proper hold, but he ended up just hugging me towards the end of the song. It was such a sweet moment. He told me later that evening as we snuggled to read in our book before bed, "Mommy, that was one of the best nights of my life." I quite enjoyed our time together too, and I am relishing these last years (hopefully, years) that it is cool to be around Mom.

Jack went as The Green Lantern

-Mommy/Amy

No comments: