I almost can't stand the sweetness of these photos! Mary Lee is 14 months this week and she has started taking her first steps. Yesterday it was just a few from here to there, but tonight we are celebrating as she walks from one room to the next. It is bittersweet for sure. I know we have our hands full with this little girl. Yesterday I tried to put her down for a nap and she threw her pacifier at me - point understood, Mary Lee! I see many "fun" times ahead in our future! Mary Lee is VERY independent, adventurous, and a girl who knows what she wants and when she wants it. She frequently demands to things like her blanket, water, milk, or cheese. Tonight as I turned my back for a second putting dinner on the table, she pushed over a small chair and was standing up at the stove. AAHHHH!! Luckily I grabbed her in time, and there was nothing hot on the front side. She really does have a fondness for climbing - this afternoon on the back porch she climbed up on the picnic table and stood up - not sure where she was planning on walking to that time! She is officially done nursing which is more of a deal for me as I let go. We are struggling a bit with adjusting her nap schedule. I think she is moving to one nap a day, but it is tricky with preschool pick up at 12:30 and K pick up at 2:30. I would also describe her as a bit of a wild girl. She loves to dive head first onto the couch, pillows, or her blanket. And the more tired she is, the more crazy she gets. She loves to escape during diaper changes or dressing and will absolutely howl with laughter as she crawls behind the chair. She will then peek out at me with a sly look on her face and continue her fit of laughter. It is hard to keep a straight face! She is completely in love with her Daddy and brothers. Her relationships with them are very special. She continues to show skill in the area of growling (like a lion), and if she comes across a toy lion or tiger be prepared for 5 minutes of intense growling! Along with learning to walk, her language is exploding too. It is all very exciting, and even as our third we find the journey thrilling!
 |
| Classic Mary Lee...Trying to remove the bow... |
 |
| Enter the trick to keeping her hands away from her hair bow: the pumpkin. |
 |
| Yes, Mary Lee, it looks like a ball. |
 |
| This one is right before she burst into a fit. She is not a girly girl who likes fancy dresses or bows in her hair - not yet at least! |
|
-Mommy/Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment