Friday, April 20, 2012

8 Months: Octopus Arms

Dear Mary Lee, Today you are 8 Months Old...

I seriously don't think you could be any cuter.  I will give some credit to a nice camera and a great photographer.  I titled this blog post "Octopus Arms," because you are incredibly talented at reaching anything within a 3 foot radius of where you are seated.  Your flexibility astounds me and the way you ingeniously contort your body to get to whatever it is you want is impressive.  I am really having to keep an eye on you lately. There are so many "little" parts and toys floating around this house.  Here are a few of my favorite photos from the past month.


ON and OFF. Amazing. When you are ON, it is incredibly loud.  I am confident you will be a woman who isn't afraid to speak her mind and will make sure she is heard.  Strangely I am already proud of you for that.
Sometimes you are so loud, Calvin moves to a different seat because you are "hurting his ears."

Who me hollering?


Working the camera  


There is an enormous amount of pictures of me kissing you sweet girl.  I just can't help myself.  I am totally head over heels in love.  I love everything about you ("all the way to the moon and back," as Jack and Calvin would say).





 
We really have too much fun together.



These photos were taken today.  Eight months old today...  and I'll say it, time is flying despite my attempts to hold onto the moments each day.  I am really trying to embrace life and you in this moment because it will soon be gone.  I try to sit with you a few moments in silence each day and marvel at you, thank God for you, and just simply enjoy.  I think one of the things that I am savoring most is that I am beginning to see parts of myself in you.  It is truly amazing.  You are busy, busy like your mother.  You are always looking for the next exciting thing to discover and explore.  You are happiest moving (just like your mother), and your favorite place to be is on my hip since I practically never sit down during the day. You are vocal and loud, and I like to think those are good qualities.  You are intelligent, beautiful, and silly.  We all adore you and you complete our family perfectly!


We spent lunch time today at the park with cousins.  I have to confess that I love that you can't crawl yet.  You make the best picnic lunch date!




On the back porch this afternoon we watched Jack build with his Legos.  And oh how you longed to grab just one.  You had your octopus arms out in full effect, but alas, Mommy did not let you succeed.  Jack sweetly ran inside and brought you out some Duplo Legos (the kind you can't fit entirely into your mouth!) 


Oh my you are cute! Have I mentioned how much I love to squeeze your chunky arms and legs??

Peek A Boo (shot 2 - under)
Peek A Boo (shot 1 - over)




-Mommy/Amy

No comments: