Thursday, February 7, 2013

60+ degrees in February

...And we head to visit the animals at the Zoo, who were loving this glorious day as much as us!
I was sort if talking out loud to myself on the walk up to school to get Jack...and Calvin heard me mention the Zoo. He latched right on to the idea and immediately filled Jack in on our plans to go this afternoon. How could I say no? :)
So I quickly packed all three kids, the stroller, snacks, and waters and off we went!
The weather was perfect, the kids were perfect, and we had a blast. It was one of those empowering days as a mother when you feel good about all that you do. It was Mary Lee's first time really "getting it" I think and she squealed with delight at the monkeys and polar bears. Good day topped off with a glass of wine :) Back to work tomorrow at my other job!

P.S. I also overheard the boys talking in the bathroom today. Jack says, "Calvin, we don't like any girls, except Mommy." And later during dinner both boys tell me, "Mommy, I'm going to marry you." Jack first, then immediately repeated by Calvin. He can be somewhat of a parrot at times :) I might note that this proclamation was made after I explained to them that they could not marry their sister. Not sure how we got on that topic tonight at dinner. So I might be second choice, but I still felt the love. Thanks boys!



No comments: