
So I walk into Jack's room the other morning and I am greeted with a "no." I close the door, wait a few seconds, knock, and reenter. I am greeted with a second "no" which by then has both Jack and I laughing. We repeat this series several times. He thought it was so funny, and he seems to be reveling in his new found power word. And let me say that Jack has the cutest and sweetest "no" you have ever heard. My own Mother will vouch for me on this one. Yes, the word no is the latest favorite in Jack's collection, but as much as I thought I would not like it, it really is quite cute most of the time.... that is unless he is screaming and throwing a big boy 2 year old tantrum (which are also increasing in frequency since he has learned to communicate no). Fortunately these do not last very long and are usually quickly resolved. OR avoided completely by Jack as I will share in this next story.

Jack plotting to eat cookies.
The other day before lunchtime Jack went to the pantry and asked for some cookies. I told him no because we were going to eat lunch in a minute. He performed the above mentioned type tantrum and got no cookies. So the next day before lunch, I am putting groceries away and the phone rings. As I hang up the phone I look down to see Jack sitting on the floor in front of the pantry shaking a small bag of cookies furiously causing them to open and fly everywhere. I say "Jack!" and he jerks with surprise but then quickly snatches every cookie in sight and stuffs them into his mouth (nearly 6-7 cookies). So many cookies that he is foaming cookies at the mouth!! I could hardly get mad at him at this point, so I grab the camera. I guess he figured that he wouldn't bother asking this time since he knew what the answer would be.

He has just finished a shaking extraction of the cookies.

Mommy has discovered me... I must eat the cookies as fast as I as can!!

1..2..3..4..5..6..

Cookie face
Jack still loves his tunnel... but speaking of play equipment, this story is a few weeks old, but somehow missed its place in the blog. We were at our usual playground one evening and Jack was putting small wood chips in nearly every hole he could find. All was perfect until he tried to put two handfuls (of dirt and woodchips) into an overhead hole. Needless to say he freaked his parents out as we watch in horror a mess of stuff fly directly into his eyes. Both eyes were coated and caked. It took the two of us holding him down in order to flush out his eyes with a syringe. And if you are wondering, yes we have to whole thing on video, that is until the dirt hits his eyes. The joys of parenthood...


-Amy/Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment